Saturday 30 April 2011

What is Multiple Sclerosis?

The day is I was diagnosed this was the ultimate question running through my head. I had interviewed patients with MS for a few articles so I did know a little about what it meant for me. But in-depth knowledge alluded me. So, I turned to the internet.

And these were the sites I found useful then ... and a few I have found since.

First off, the MS Society site - www.mssociety.org.uk
This site has a wealth of knowledge that is probably unrivalled. It's also getting re-launched next month as part of MS Awareness Week so keep an eye for a new design and even more information than ever before. I'm also going to featured on here in a series of videos talking about my experiences, filmed on the day I went into labour (more about these in a future post!).

Second up, the community site that was set up to bring together those with MS. Shift.ms aims to give younger patients with MS a voice and a chance to talk to others. So if you want some first-hand stories about what MS means then this is the place to go. http://shift.ms

Other sites that are full of information include www.mstrust.org.uk and www.msrc.co.uk

Finally, a site that brings together a huge amount of MS bloggers. www.msbloggers.com
This is what I really wanted that first day - real people talking about real issues. If you really want to know what Multiple Sclerosis is then settle yourself down for a few hours and get reading here!

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic blog! A great way to let other people, both with & with MS know more about the condition and it affects daily life. I'm going to add this to my blogroll - the more people that read this, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicki, if my writing helps just one person then i'm a happy camper. Appreciate the feedback xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catherine! I really enjoy your blog. It's great to read how ms hasn't changed your great attitude!
    Thanks so much for the above link to msbloggers.com. When I began reading your blog and a couple others about people dealing with ms, I also began one. Here's the link if you're interested.

    http://lifewithms-karen.blogspot.com/

    I would love to put it on msbloggers but can't find how. Can you let me know how you got your on there?

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karen, thankis for your comments. Your blog is taking shape nicely, I hope you enjoy posting as much as I do :)

    As for www.msbloggers.com - click on the link, About Lisa and the blogs, there's a link if you want to submit your blog for inclusion. She's really lovely and I'm sure she would love to have you submit something too.

    Keep in touch, Catherine

    ReplyDelete