Thursday 27 January 2011

Unconditional love

My baby girl is currently suffering from her first cold ... and it's horrible to watch. Her eyes are streaming, her nose is all blocked up and she's generally not in good form. Worst of all there's very little I can do to help bar using saline nasal drops and giving lots of cuddles.

And the situation made me think back to a previous blog I posted on here about how I believe my diagnosis is probably harder on those who love me most - namely my husband and parents - because if I could have the cold for her I would and I'm guessing that's how they probably thought back in April 2009 when I got the news that I had MS.

That's the thing about being a parent - your perspective changes, you never come first any more, your children become your everything. And I wouldn't change it for the world.

I really hope my precious girl gets better soon, even if it's just a simple cold it's taking it's toll on her (and me!)

3 comments:

  1. The scariest thing I have found with being a parent is just that. In that moment a baby is placed in your arms you would take on every ounce of their pain - and in a way you do. They will never hurt, feel sick or feel sad without it cutting into your heart just that little bit.
    The flipside is you will never laugh as much or as often or feel as much love or pride in your life.

    I hope Charlotte is feeling better and that you are laughing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww....that takes me back. Afraid it doesn't get easier...well, maybe just a little (something so awful about not being able to explain to a baby).
    Huge thanks for dropping by my blog...good luck with the comp! Janexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my blog too Jane! And for letting me know I'm not alone in this feeling :) Catherine xx

    ReplyDelete