Sunday 23 January 2011

I live in hope

At last... I've managed to grab some time to blog for the first time in 2011. Of course, I'm still using Charlotte as my excuse (having a newborn in the house does not leave time for much else besides looking after her, cleaning and cooking dinner!) but it's my self-imposed resolution to get writing on here more often this year.

The reasons being ... Firstly, maternity leave takes me away from my daily job of working with words and I would like to think that writing on here keeps my brain active at least a little bit - and secondly, my initial hopes of this blog was to both keep a record for myself of how my life is with MS and also to *maybe* help others with MS to read a mainly positive aspect of living with the condition.

So, off we go again....

And as the first post of a new year it is wonderful to report on some good news as it would be remiss of me not to mention the fabulous news this week that the European regulators have given preliminary approval for a drug in pill form, called Gileyna, which in trials was proven to cut relapse rates for MS patients and slow the disease’s progression. (you can read more about it here ... http://goo.gl/fb/gYsfU)

This is particularly heartening for me as I have just recently placed myself on the waiting list (which by the way is an entirely different blog post I will be having in the not to distant future) for the injectable disease modifying drugs (DMD's).

Hopefully the NHS will see that these pills are worth their money and I will not have to inject myself for too long before they are given the green light. I live in hope.

1 comment:

  1. yer the NHS really doesnt seem to get the right stuff for the right person because they dont see it as value for monney anything that slows this disease in its track has to be worth its weight in gold

    ReplyDelete